Translate

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Harvest time on Ikaria

                                 
       
     
Harvest time in Ikaria, it is mid August and  the gardens here are thriving, the fig trees which are found everywhere on this island are heavy with fruits Just find a tree that looks good to you, pick what you can eat and a few for your fruit bowl at home. I had never experienced a fresh fig, I didn't even  know what they looked like, at home I had only seen them in their dried shriveled up state even at that I always thought figs were tasty, untilI tasted my first fresh fig.
                           
                                 My Hubby stops at the roadside to pick some fresh figs
      
                            Grapes are almost ready, but a rainy spring has delayed them a bit.

                                              
                                          
                     Blog  later specifically dedicated to the harvest  of these magnificant grapes
                     
                        Photo of a pomegranate we took in June will be ready t pick in August  .
    


                        

No comments:

Post a Comment